Founded in 2005 by healthcare industry business development executive Bill Behnke, the Behnke Group is an innovative, leading-edge healthcare consulting group with proven expertise in working with a range of healthcare organizations nationwide in solving today’s most important business challenges. Focusing specifically on companies with the most innovative and viable products and services with the potential to improve healthcare, Bill and his team of experienced healthcare industry professionals provide affordable, scalable, and sustainable business development strategies that achieve measurable results for their clients – from improving the sales process and establishing targeted lead generation campaigns to formulating marketing and branding strategies that successfully open new market segments to achieve groundbreaking results.
At the time the Behnke Group team began working with a Healthcare Provider (Company A) in 2017, most of the company’s accounts were located in one state. However, the company’s growth goals included the acquisition of accounts beyond this region in an effort to transition into a national provider. To accommodate this growth goal, the Behnke Group identified the need to establish more effective sales processes focused on targeted lead generation, including establishing structured methods for qualifying leads and facilitating them efficiently through the sales process. Lastly, the Behnke Group identified the need for a comprehensive marketing strategy focused on effectively communicating the company’s value proposition to prospective and existing customers as well as the healthcare industry at large. The marketing strategy was also designed to ensure that Company A’s branding and messaging were consistent among all national media and target audiences.
To address Company A’s challenges, the Behnke Group developed a multi-tiered strategy focused on the following key areas:
- Expand the company’s customer base and facilitate its transition to a national provider by establishing meaningful and productive relationships with hospital C-level executives in key markets across the nation.
- Leveraging his more than 20 years of experience in healthcare business development as well as relationships with C-level executives at hospitals across the country, Bill Behnke assisted Company A in developing relationships with C-level executives at hospitals in key markets. These relationships proved invaluable in opening new prospective markets for Company A and laying the groundwork for sales presentations that led to multiple new accounts.
- Enhance Company A’s sales management process by developing structured methods for identifying leads, qualifying them more effectively, and accelerating them through the pipeline more efficiently.
- The Behnke Group assisted with the recruitment and hiring of a professional inside sales team, mentored and supervised by an experienced Director of Sales and Marketing, and provided the team with focused training to enable effective communication of Company A’s value proposition and key benefits to prospective customers.
- To ensure more effective customer relationship management (CRM) and targeted lead generation/qualification, the Behnke Group introduced and implemented the Salesforce cloud-based software and provided in-depth training to the company’s inside sales team on its use. Salesforce is the leading CRM platform designed to track communication with customers and accelerate the sales process through the pipeline in a more timely and efficient manner.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy for Company A that focused on effectively communicating the company’s value proposition to potential and existing customers, as well as the healthcare industry at large.
- The Behnke Group assisted Company A in contracting with an experienced San Diego-based branding and digital marketing agency to assist with the development and execution of consistent messaging in all marketing collateral materials, branding strategy, and media relations.
- To facilitate Company A’s transition to a national, the branding and digital marketing agency designed and developed a new company Web site that increases Company A’s national profile and visibility, provides an overview of programs, and conveys a clear and unified message about the company’s value proposition. The Web site also features a monthly blog that highlights unique benefits of Company A’s programs as well as relevant developments and trends in the healthcare industry.
- The Behnke Group spearheaded and led the development of a return-on- investment (ROI) tool that allows hospitals to quickly determine the potential ROI impact of Company A’s programs based on a few specific data points entered by the user. Featured on the company’s Web site, the ROI Impact Calculator has proven to be an instrumental marketing tool that quickly and efficiently demonstrates the potential costs savings of Company A’s programs to prospective customers.
In the 12-month period between October 2017 and September 2018, the Behnke Group successfully facilitated Company A’s transition into a national provider, resulting in the acquisition of five new hospital contracts during this period totaling $98,867,434 in value. As the graph below indicates, most of these contracts are in various states and regions across the country.
In addition to facilitating the acquisition of more than $98M in new hospital contracts, the Behnke Group established structured sales processes and training methods – in concert with the development of a comprehensive marketing strategy focused on consistent messaging of the company’s value proposition to key audiences – that have helped to position Company A on a positive trajectory for significant national growth well into the future.
New Contract Values, October 2017 – September 2018